Babel Guesthouse is an intimate guesthouse surrounded by a tropical garden with an outside bar & restaurant area, serving a combination of local and western style dishes. We offer you beautifully designed, comfortable spacious and clean rooms. All the rooms are air-conditioned with cable TV and bathrooms with hot water showers and bathtubs in most of the rooms.
Babel Guesthouse is Norwegian owned and managed, with a strong focus on Responsible Tourism. Our team of local staff and Tuk Tuk drivers possess great local knowledge that we are more than happy to share with you to make your stay in Siem Reap memorable.
At Babel Guesthouse we try our best to think green! Step by step we are making progress, finding new ways to save the Cambodian environment from plastic exposure! We want to cause as little damage as possible as a guesthouse.
- Bamboo straws. By replacing plastic straws with reusable Bamboo straws in our restaurant, we save the Cambodian countryside around 13.200 plastic straws a year! Our eco-friendly bamboo straws are made by a local family who makes a living out of growing Bamboo on their land.
- Refillable water bottles. 4.6 million plastic bottles ends up in the Cambodian countryside MONTHLY as a result of tourism. We are trying our best to reduce this number and sell refillable water bottles at Babel Guesthouse. They can be refilled anytime you want in Babel, for free. We are part of the Refill Not Landfill campaign, so anyone with bottles from this campaign can refill their bottles at Babel for free.
- Biodegradable products. We have replaced all the plastic bags in Babel with biodegradable bags from Cleanbodia. Also, our take away boxes and take away cutlery are all biodegradable.
- Compost. We give our food waste to the pigs at a local farm.
- Recycling – We deliver all our used soft plastic to HUSK Cambodia – an amazing project who makes walls for houses out of plastic bottles filled with soft plastic. We also donate our plastic bags to Rehash Trash. This is a wonderful project that not only makes great products and cleaning up the environment, they also empower the lives of mothers and their families.
- Refusing – We changed our soaps covered in plastic with soap-dispensers in every room. And when we do our grocery shopping at Babel, we bring our green linen bags from HUSK. We also refuse to take plastic bags from the food delivery. They now deliver all the vegetables together in a big bag.
- Bio diesel. We donate our used cooking oil to Naga Earth, who produce bio diesel from it. We use this eco-friendly bio diesel in our generator.
- Garbage picking events. Babel arrange regular educational garbage picking events for groups from all over the world, but also together with the staff and Tuk Tuk drivers at Babel, and local staff at other hotels, bars and restaurants.
- Eco-friendly mosquito trap. The trap is totally pesticide free and use artificial human scent and carbon-dioxide as attractants. This way we prevent resistance against fumigation, we prevent killing of useful insects and create a better environment for humans.